Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Salad, Steak and Beetroot Tops















Dinner in my Mammy's Garden














My Mammy has a lovely new veggie garden which at the moment has loads of rocket that has gone to flower, and beetroot and spring onions almost ready to eat. The beetroot tops are big and healthy, and she told me you can steam them like spinach. So thats what we did. When I go to my Mammys house, we usually end up cooking. She is an amazing cook and taught me everything I know. We ate outside in the sunshine, but I was too interested in eating to take more photos.

The lovely Mammy:














We had a lovely steak with rocket and spring onion salad from the garden, and steamed beetroot leaves, and fried new potatoes. I also made a great pepper sauce for the steak.

Pepper Steak
Fry the steak for 5 mins on each side. Take out of the pan and leave to rest while you make the sauce. add some stock to the juices in pan, bring to a simmer, and add a big nob of butter. Grind in a good 8-10 twists of the pepper grinder. Simmer on a high flame to reduce the sauce down. Pour over your steak.















The bumper rocket crop:

1 comment:

plasterer bristol said...

Looks so good, thanks for sharing.


Simon