Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wafer Thin Fennel Salad


With the lovely fennel I bought at the market I found a great Nigel Slater recipe for a nice salad to go with the great sandwich we created. Like most of Nigel Slater's recipes it''s really simple and with good ingredients that's all you need.

1 bulb of fennel
Fresh Parsley coarsely chopped
Baby Sage leaves (the little ones) finely chopped
Good olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Slice the fennel as thinly as you possibly can. My Dad bought me a great selection of knifes several Christmases ago - and they are possibly one of the most useful things I own (that includes everything I own - possibly second to my computer - but it's a close call)

You can't beat a good chopper - anyway I digress

Scatter onto a plate - scatter over this the sage, salt & pepper, parsley, lemon juice and give a generous drizzle of olive oil. Unlike leafy salad this can stand a little time sitting with the dressing on it without getting limp and inedible.

Yum

No comments: