Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Roast Butternut Squash with Harrisa


Roast Butternut Squash with Harrisa

So I knew there was harissa in the fridge and that was enough to go with. I found a nice recipe for squash roasted with harissa – it looked great – so I thought I would serve it with some bulghur wheat and feta, but I had left over mash – so potato cakes it was again – the three worked wonderfully together – a nice contrast to the sharp feta is the sweet and spicy roasted squash – I just love the colour of squash to, very appetising.


Ingredients


I butternut squash – peeled and cubed 1 inch
2 tablespoon veg oil
1 tablespoon of harissa

Salt & Pepper


Toss the squash in the oil and harissa to coat evenly – bung it in the oven – gas mark 7-8 for about 35 mins. Serve with potato cakes and chunks of feta and some rocket.


Yum

No comments: