Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chilli roasted chickpeas


Chickpeas – not just for hummous


More often than not – our tins of chickpeas are destined to become hummous – or maybe an addition to stew, so I felt the time had come to re-dress this balance. I ate these delicious chickpea dish with Farrah and Pam in New York a few years back – and since created my own version. I’ll dedicate this one to Farrah and also to wish her best of luck with the wedding preparations, we can’t wait!

Chili roasted chickpeas

I can of chickpeas rinsed
1 tablespoon of gram flour (any flour will do)
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 large red chili finely sliced – leave out seeds if you prefer it less hot
½ teaspoon of mixed spice
1 tablespoon of olive oil.

Toss everything together and spread onto a lightly greased baking tray – roast at the top of the oven for 20-30 mins at gas mark 7 until golden and toasty looking – serve with a some yogurt and freshly chopped parsley. Makes an excellent side dish for Eastern, Greek or Spanish style tapas food.

Where’s me Rioja?

No comments: