Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ratatouille

Last of the holiday posts I've prob written enough about my holiday now, and lord knows I've been back a month now and only just catching up on the posts now..... Ratouille seems like a very simple thing to post, but this tasted so good and satisfying. It's the most wonderfully satisfying veg stew there is and topped with some grated emmental and drowned in red wine it's no wonder. Makes a perfect side dish - or can be served on pasta as a main meal in itself. 1 onion
1 red pepper

1 courgette
2 cups red wine

6 tomatoes - diced

Salt
Pepper

Fresh parsley

3cloves of garlic - sliced super thin
Olive Oil


Heat up your oil, fry your garlic for one minute before adding in the onion, Cook till translucent, then add in your peppers and courgette, fry these for about 3-4 mins, then tip in your tomatoes, and allow to cook for two mins before adding in the wine.
Simmer for about 10-15 mins - it might seem like a while, but I find it takes that long to cook up together. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, oh yes and some cheese. Check out the action shot of the sausage cooking Delo got - very clever

2 comments:

aoife mc said...

I love Ratatouille, one of my favourite things to make ever. And I only just saw the movie the other night - I laughed, cried and laughed again. I loved it!

Your Ratatouille looks deeeelish, especially with that lovely French sausie, yum. Having food envy issues right now....

Lu said...

add wine, then add more wine, sprinkle with parsley, then add more wine - you can't go wrong