Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Pecan & Banana Loaf

Bananas!
I used to play in a band - where I met my boyfriend and the lovely Jane and Andy. There was a song that had a strange stop in it - and the only way we could all come back in at the right time was for Jane to sing the word - Bananas! Then it became everyone's favourite part of the song - good memories!

Ingredients
6 oz softened butter 
6oz golden caster sugar 
3 eggs 
5oz of self raising flour 
3oz ground almonds 
½ tsp baking powder 
100ml/3.5 fl oz milk 
2 small really ripe bananas
2oz pecan nuts – chopped

Pre-heat your oven to 160c/Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin.

To make the loaf batter simply lob all the ingredients into your trusty vintage Kenwood Chef (Did I mention I was given a lovely old Kenwood Kitchen Chef from my parents friends?)

Whisk together until you get a lovely batter. Then lob this into your loaf tin.

Lob this into the oven for 45-50 minutes.

Then lob into your face – after a modest amount of cooling on a wrack. Yummy 

You could always add some icing or frosting if you like – but I thought this was perfectly sweet light and spongy – maybe next time another banana.

This picture is silly and I love it! It's Friday let's all be silly

7 comments:

Kerry said...

I'm all for silliness, especially on a Friday ;-) Lovely cake!

Aoife Mc said...

I want to lob that into my face RIGHT NOW :)

Lu said...

Kerry - Fridays were made for cake and silliness

Aoife - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Question - if one doesn't have trusty breadmaker contraption how does one make it? I love Banana Bread and want to try it out...

Lu said...

Hey Alex - you could just cream together the butter and sugar - then add in the eggs and mix together until it's an even mixture then mix in the bananas. Then the ground almonds - the sieve in the almonds and the baking powder, Mix together and then add in the nuts. Oh yes and you'll have to mash the bananas a little with a knife before you mix them in

Sasa said...

I love the writing you've done over the photo (I'm afraid I have no idea of the technical name *^_^*) it looks so professional...Any banana cake is a friend of mine.

Lu said...

Hey Sasa - thanks for stopping by! Yeah I got tired of trying to make the picture look serious and foody, so I went to town on the colours and type - fun Friday!