Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Smoked Mackerel Pate

I'm a huge fan of Felicity Cloake regular column in the Guardian. 'How to cook the perfect...." I've used several of her recipes and they've all worked out very well. She cooks and reviews several chefs recipes for well known dishes. Then she creates her own 'perfect' recipe based on her results. I can only imagine what her home life is like "Hi family, this week we're eating only salad nicoise" in her attempt to test a range of different recipes and create her own.

I made this great smoked mackerel pate over the weekend. I'm in the process of a long move - so my kitchen things are in storage. I think the pate works quite well in these nice tea cups I got in the second hand shop!

Her recipe is over here. 
I followed it pretty closely - except I didn't use a blender as I prefer a coarser pate. The horseradish and dill off set the oily fish beautifully. A great dish that comes together very quickly. A great starter for a dinner party you can prepare the night before. Serve with homemade brown bread.

5 comments:

ktpi said...

Yummmmmmm. Might just try this recipe out as it's rare to see it on menus... First had mackerel pate at Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's place last year - I can say right now that there was NOT enough of it - it was so delicious!!!!!!

Also the tea cups are awesome! Bake a little cake in them!!!

Lu said...

Hi Ktpi! You should totally make this -it's super yummy and takes like 5 mins to prepare - I'd say the dill is pretty essential...

Can't believe that Hugh would leave you hungry - shameful behavior

I'd worry about baking those pretty cups in the oven - but maybe with chocolate mousse - or tiramisu

A.L.M. said...

Hi! We've recently launched the site www.Recipesup.com, on our website you can promote your blog Through facebook,twitter.com and pinterest. I invite you to go and take a look. Your blog will be in the top rank of Recipesup blogs. Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

Lovely blog!
www.recipesup.com
www.cazarecetas.com

Kinds Regards

milecar said...

Making it potential to still relish food, feeling more energetic with the body kind desired. It square measure generally in pass all body sizes and may permit those garments that accustomed match, match health centres in the UK. No more then three sessions unit of measure generally needed

milecar said...

French food dictionary offer unusual and useful books for foodies and winos and publish sumptuous limited-editions that take inspiration from the character, honesty and artistry of the artisanal foods and wines we love.